Descendants of Abner W Sweat ABNER W SWEAT was born 1776 in Cheraw District, South Carolina to James Sweat, a farmer who couldn't read or write. Abner died 1858 in New River, Florida which is now Baker County. He married REBECCA ANDERSON Abt. 1808 in Georgia She was daughter of JOHN ANDERSON, a Revolutionary War patriot. and MARY unknown. She was born 1790 in Cheraw District, South Carolina, and died December 26, 1883 in Baker County, Florida. More About ABNER SWEAT and REBECCA ANDERSON :
RECECCA ANDERSON’S grandparents were believed to be JOHN ANDERSON, SR and SARAH CARNEY. John, Sr. was served in the Revolutionary War as a minute man. This John Anderson did not name in his will a son named John, so there is some question that John who married Sarah is actually the grandparents of Rebecca.
Marriage: Abt. 1808, Georgia Children of ABNER SWEAT and REBECCA ANDERSON are:
1. SAMUEL R3 SWEAT , b. 1810, Bullock County, Georgia; d. December 12, 1872, Baker County, Florida.
2. REBECCA SWEAT , b. 1816, Tattnall County, Georgia; d. 1897, Baker County, Florida.
3. ALLEN H SWEAT , b. 1819. More About ALLEN H SWEAT :Medical Information: deaf mute, died singleIn the 1880 census, at the age of 60 he is listed boarding with Lewis Moore.
4. NANCY ANN SWEAT , b. May 13, 1822, Tattnall County, Georgia; d. April 12, 1908, DeSoto County, Florida.5. CHARITY SWEAT , b. March 1817 in Tattnall County, Georgia ; m. WILLIAM NATHAN BEASLEY, 1810 More about Charity Sweat:All of her children were born in Florida. The 1860 census of Columbia Co., Florida has them with 11 Children and the 1880 census listed “Ellen as an idiot”, may had Down’s syndrome since Charity was 53 years old when Ellen was born. Nathan died by 1900 and at age 83 Charity is living in Orange County, Florida with her daughter In the 1880 census, at the age of 60 he is listed boarding with Lewis Moore.
6. JAMES M. SWEAT b. 1825
More about James M. Sweat: Cause of Death was snakebite, died single after 1850 while surveying land for the US Army. He served as a private in the Indian Wars as his father and brothers.
7. A LFRED JACKSON SWEAT , b. 1827, Tattnall County, Georgia; d. Abt. 1880, Baker County, Florida.
8. ELIZABETH SWEAT , b. 1828; m. THOMAS HINES .
9. MARY JANE SWEAT , b. December 12, 1828, Bullock County, Georgia; d. December 14, 1908, Macclenny, Florida. She married Urban Cooper Herndon on 11 November 1860
10. JOHN SWEAT , b. 1832. More About JOHN SWEAT :Medical Information: died young Listed in the Baker County, Florida census 1850.
11. ELIZA E SWEAT , b. 1833; m. JOHN REYNOLDS HERNDON , 1860; b. February 14, 1834; d. May 16, 1905. More About JOHN HERNDON and ELIZA SWEAT :Marriage: 1860. Her grave is the only one with a marker in the Sweat plot of North Pong Cemetery, Baker County, Florida
12. EDWARD SWEAT , b. 1834.
Mo re About EDWARD SWEAT : Medical Information: died young. Listed in the 1850 census of Baker Co. Florida age 18.